cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Sierra <msie...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: core APIs and the CLI
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 18:32:23 GMT
To clarify, current doc doesn't specify a full path for the config.xml, which I'll fix throughout.
 Safe to assume this issue applies to all features?  When using the CLI to add/rm features,
the one in the <app> dir is modified.  But if you're using the SDK, isn't it the one
in the www dir?  I agree the two should be consistent.  Otherwise wouldn't you experience
problems using the CLI to bootstrap a project & add features, then hand it off to do further
work within the SDK?

--Mike S

From: James Jong [wjamesjong@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 9:24 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: core APIs and the CLI

I agree.  It seems that the 2 should be consistent.

-James Jong

On Aug 23, 2013, at 8:45 AM, "Wargo, John" <john.wargo@sap.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I was simply following the documentation - it's not clear on the file location
I guess.

> John M. Wargo
> SAP | Charlotte, NC | USA
> Office: +1 704.321.0265 | Mobile: +1 704.249.7476
> Email: john.wargo@sap.com

feature definitions under the <app> folder.  It's a bit confusing but the one you see
under www is just likely copied during prepare by the CLI from the top-level www.

> -James Jong
>
> On Aug 22, 2013, at 7:42 PM, John M. Wargo <jwargo23@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, I just whacked everything and started over. I opened a terminal window on Macintosh
and issued the following commands:

xmlns:cdv="http://cordova.apache.org/ns/1.0">
>>   <name>HelloCordova</name>
>>   <description>
>>       A sample Apache Cordova application that responds to the deviceready event.
>>   </description>
>>   <author email="dev@callback.apache.org" href="http://cordova.io">
>>       Apache Cordova Team
>>   </author>
>>   <content src="index.html" />
>>   <access origin="*" />
>>   <preference name="fullscreen" value="true" />
>>   <preference name="webviewbounce" value="true" />
>> </widget>
>>
>> I even went in and forced an update to the config.xml in the cordova project's config.xml
file and did another cordova prepare.