cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject Cordova Gesture plugin
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:54:50 GMT
I participated at a #hackmtl event in Montreal and thought it would be a good opportunity to
try building a 'Cordova Gesture' plugin:
https://github.com/jbondc/cordova-plugin-gesture

My first time using 3.0.0 went very smoothly, the simple command line tools are great.

Unfortunately I didn't complete the 'proof-of-concept' since I got stuck where the javascript
plugin seems to load but fails:

An important note for the plugin to be viable, 2 methods would need to be added to 'CordovaWebView':
disableTouchEvents()
registerGestureHandler()

The code works by intercepting the 'onTouchEvent', tries to detect a gesture and pass it directly
to the DOM:
https://github.com/jbondc/mtlhack-PhoneGap-gesture/blob/master/cordova/platforms/android/src/org/hackmtl/phonegap/gestures/TestWebView.java

Feel free to fork away and provide feedback,
Cheers, Jon