cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about the git workflow when working on a branch
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 18:58:36 GMT
I'm relatively new, but from what I've seen contributions are made only to master. The older
x.y.0 branches don't see any commits after they have been released, unless there is a serious
issue that would require an x.y.1 release because x.y.0 was broken at it's inception.

But 3.0.0 hasn't been released yet.

For 3.0.0 specifically, that is/was a temporary branch for some significant work happening
in parallel with 2.9. The 2.9 work was happening on master. Since 2.9 was released, the 3.0.0
branch has been merged to master since the work is now back to being serial. So the 3.0.0
branch is essentially dead, commits for the 3.0.0 release are now happening on master.

So if you have contributions you want to make for 3.0.0, just follow the contributor workflow
instructions and work with master, as they assume.

-- Marcel Kinard

On Jun 30, 2013, at 11:03 PM, Loïc Pfister <loic.pfister@adnovum.sg> wrote:

> Dear Mailing list,
>
> I have been using cordova in many project for 3 years, I think it is time for me to contribute
back.

> I follow all the steps from the wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow
>
> Which explains in a really clear way how to do the pull request once contribute smth
on the 'master' or 'trunk'.

> As I never used git before (we do use svn internally) I do not understand how to do the
same but if I want to contribute to a specific branch.