cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Smith, Peter" <pet...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject Embedding Cordova WebView on Android
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 01:05:16 GMT
Hi,

I already asked this on PG Forum but got no replies. For more details
see: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/phonegap/KW0QC4P9P0Y

--

There is a Cordova Guide "Embedding Cordova WebView on Android"

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/2.9.0/guide_cordova-webview_android.md
.html#Embedding%20Cordova%20WebView%20on%20Android

Can someone please explain why the guide advises to write the class with
the form:

public class CordovaViewTestActivity extends Activity implements
CordovaInterface {

instead of:

public class CordovaViewTestActivity extends CordovaActivity {

Our problem is that another team in our group has followed this
cut/paste advice but then (since they've failed to maintain their code
to keep up-to-date with changes to CordovaActivity over different
versions) they have come to grief with unexpected behaviours. I thought
if they had just extended from CordovaActivity in the first place they
could have avoided such hassles, but OTOH they thought they were doing
the right thing by following the guide.

--

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask this.

Thanks,

Peter