cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Smith, Peter" <pet...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject codova-mobile-spec test case contacts.spec.21
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 06:17:18 GMT
I'm trying to understand the cordova-mobile-spec test case
"contacts.spec.21 update a contact".

This test case clearly expects that saving over a contact email with an
empty string will remove that email.

But I didn't see any mention of this kind of functionality in the
cordova documentation:
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/2.9.0/cordova_contacts_contacts.md.htm
l#Contacts

And I don't see any Android source code (e.g. in ContactAccessorSdk5)
for Contacts modification which has any logic like this to handle empty
emails.

The test fails on my Android device.

My questions are:

*        Why is there a test written to expect something which is
neither documented nor implemented?

*        Or is the test actually correct and the
documentation/implementation which is wrong?

*        Or is this expected behaviour on some other (not Android)
platform?

Thanks.