cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Plugin versioning
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 05:42:01 GMT
I would like to revise my rule of thumb to:

If the plugin.xml is changed, we must bump the plugin's MAJOR version.

Brought up with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4374

In the above case, the splash screen plugin needs to have a <param
name="unload" value="true" /> added to the <feature> tag otherwise it
won't be available onload.

If we bump the MAJOR version then we can have a semblance of semver. I
cringe to bring this topic up as it's been beaten to death but: we have a
chance to start fresh with the plugin repos and might as well do it right!