cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Plugman Integration Tests
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:17:45 GMT
I think separating these end-to-end / integration tests into a separate
suite that can be run on their own would be helpful.

The stock `npm test` run should just run unit tests and my expectation is
that these have file system / remote http / git / shell calls all stubbed
out. Cordova-cli has all of its tests mocked out this way and they run
under .5 seconds on an SSD machine.

I redid MOST of the tests in plugman to follow this but there are still a
few ones that I've missed, so plugman unit tests ran on my SSD machine in
about 4 seconds.

My reasoning for keeping the tests running quickly is that most committers
will be more obliged to run them if they run fast. When tests took > a
minute to run, people stopped running them..