cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <>
Subject Aliases for 'core' plugins
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:23:40 GMT
One of the things I discovered while working with a virgin 3.0 project is
that everything that used to be core now needs to be added before you use
it. This is expected of course, but it might come as a surprise to
developers migrating from 2.9 to 3. Now they have to add the camera
plugin, the X plugin, etc, before they can use it.

Would it make sense to simplify this? For example, to add Camera support
to my app I have to do:

phonegap local plugin add

There is no way in heck I'm going to remember that url. It would be cool
if I could just do:

phonegap local plugin add camera

or even better:

phonegap local plugin add camera,device,geolocation,dialogs

Crazy? If folks think it makes sense I'll file an ER for it.

View raw message