cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Release 2.9.1 and 2.9.2
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:59:09 GMT
Answers in-line.

On 7/11/13 1:39 AM, "Fowler, Angela" <angelaf@fast.au.fujitsu.com> wrote:

>Will 2.9.1 be available as a zip download? What changes will it include
>(in addition to the video duration issue)?

I think you are talking about cordova-cli. The tools are versioned
separately from the libraries, so 2.9.2, for example, does not contain any
updates to the libraries, only to the tools. So the answer is no.

>The latest version on npm is 2.9.2 but the VERSION is "dev". Is there an
>official date for this (and 2.9.1)?

No. The updates to the tools, especially patch versions, are released as
issues are found and resolved _for the tools themselves_. Minor revisions
are generally updated on the monthly releases of updates to the libraries.

>We would like to make a decision very soon on migrating from 2.7 to
>2.9.x but facing a few hurdles
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4149

This issue reports a cordova-js issue, not a cli issue. Are you sure you
linked to the correct issue?