cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: cordova cli and OS X platform
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 15:54:55 GMT
OSX support is predicated on the conformance of cordova-osx to the various
command-line script "standard" we have defined [1]. I am not sure how well
it follows this document. At a minimum, OSX needs to have a ./bin/create
script, and for project it generates, it needs to have ./cordova folder
that contains many project-level scripts that the CLI shells out to,
including a `run`, `build` and `emulate` script.

For the CLI, you would need to:

1. Add the platform, its repo URL, and version tag to use to
./platforms.js.
2. Create a "parser" module under src/metadata/. It needs to mirror the
structure of other parser modules: has a "static" check_requirements
method, has an update_project method that takes a config object and a
callback as parameters, has staging_dir and www_dir methods that return
the location of the www folder relative to the platform project's root.
The parser modules are responsible for parsing the platform-agnostic
config.xml from a cli project's www folder and updating things in the
platform-specific projects such as application name, bundle ID, whitelist,
and other goodies.

Finally, you would have to patch cordova-plugman [2], our plugin
installation tool, to support the OSX platform.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign
[2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-plugman.git