cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Toplak Daniel <D.Top...@cadenas.de>
Subject Windows 8 (not Phone 8) - native plugin support
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 23:44:31 GMT
Hi,

we are very interested in phonegap/cordova and we like the concept of HTML5/JS/CSS + native
plugin APPs.
We have created a proof of concept to embed a OpenGL Render Engine into a the Html-Views (not
WebGL).
The native plugin which renders on a native view is running on iOS and Android very well.

Now we whant to go a bit further and whant to bring this technic to Windows 8 (RT) platform
to support the Windows 8 Desktop and the Windows RT Tablets.
For this we would like to try to get a DirectX Engine running as a native plugin. But here
comes the hurdle:
Cordova-windows-8 is build on top of the Windows HTML/JS/CSS stack not as a XAML APP. We were
able to build a Windows Runtime Component DLL in C++ but there we are not able to access the
XAML GUI to create a view as the DirectX Rendering Context.

So are there any plans to port the cordova-windows-8 over to a XAML APP like the cordova-windows-phone8?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

CADENAS GmbH
Head of Mobile Development
Daniel Toplak