cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject cordova-app-harness and the App Store
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:37:59 GMT
So we've got a working app harness in the cordova-app-harness repo. One of
the founding goals for the app harness was that it could be placed into the
Play Store and App Store.

Then the question is: who owns the apps in the various markets? It seems to
me that there are four possibilities:

1. Apache Cordova project (Can we do that under Apache's rules? Apple's
rules? Is there precedent at Apache for App Store accounts and such?)

2. Adobe PhoneGap team
3. Google Cordova/Mobile Chrome Apps team
(4. Some individual person from one of the above, separately from the
larger organization.)

These are in descending order of how sane I think they are. If it's
possible for the Apache project to control the AppStore accounts, that
would be best. If not, the PhoneGap team is probably the best way to go.

Thoughts?

Braden