cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tag 3.0.0rc1 on Monday the 15th
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:36:16 GMT
Plugin versioning is definitely something we need to discuss in detail.

What happens if I make a change to the camera plugin. Do I immediately bump
the version? Probably not. But people who install it using plugman/cli
after the change will get the latest one on master with no obvious
difference to them. Version wise it is the same as before the change. This
feels wrong.

We can now update plugins independently of our once a month release and get
those updates to our users instantly. I think we should update the version
of the plugins after every change. Similar to node-modules on  npm.

Coho is not just for packaging. I love the fact that I can clone and update
all of the repos in a few quick commands. Coho seems to have the ability to
do tagging, release packaging and signing, uploading releases to apache,
cloning all repos and soon generating release issues on jira. It will be
important to solve all of the issues people are having with coho and
document what you can do with it.