cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Don Coleman <don.cole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android - Removing the .api namespace
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 22:51:03 GMT
Is there a suggested way for plugins to support 2.9 and 3.0 with one code
base?

Currently I'm adding org.apache.corodva.api.Dummy.java to my project and
using wildcard imports for org.apache.cordova.* and org.apache.cordova.api.*

Normally I wouldn't care about 2.9 but I'm trying to support PhoneGap build
and 3.0.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Joe - I've not tried to be anonymous, and am planning on writing some blog
> posts as well (now that we have a blog to post them on).
>
> Fil - I'll spend some time tomorrow on #phonegap. That's a good suggestion.
>
> Tommy - I agree with you about our deprecation policy. I think we should
> discuss again how we can make developers more aware of changes (e.g.
> require a blog post now that we have a blog, include it in upgrade guides.
> Have plugin upgrade guides in addition to project upgrade guides). Even the
> "window" where we try and have shims is often ineffective. I think we might
> be better to remove things without shims so long as we can improve our
> communication about changes.
>
> There's a pretty good blog post on writing android plugins here:
>
> http://devgirl.org/2013/07/17/tutorial-how-to-write-a-phonegap-plugin-for-android/
>
> There are lots of things that we knew were broken with 3.0, which is why I
> wanted to label it as a "beta" release. If it weren't for PGD, I'm really
> don't think we would have released it in the state it was in.
>

> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> > I dare you to idle in #phonegap on irc.freenode.net and answer every
> > plugin-related question.
> >
> > On 7/30/13 12:33 PM, "Filip Maj" <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> > >As for who is getting angry/confused, I am helping folk on #cordova IRC
> > >upgrade their plugins because it won't work / not accounted for in the
> > >upgrade guides.

> not

> build

> massive