cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Benn Mapes <benn.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject [cordova-js] plugin loader is not firing onPluginsReady when cordova_plugin.js's module.exports = []
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:43:47 GMT
I noticed this when I was testing the geolocation plugin on windows phone.
When no javascript is provided (moduleList.length == 0), we never seem to
get past handlePluginsObject().

This could easily be fixed by adding something like

if(moduleList.length == 0) {
        finishPluginLoading();
 }

to the handlePluginsObject funtion but I wan't sure if this was just a
windows phone bug.

Steps to reproduce:
1.Create a new project
2. create a cordova_plugins.js file in the www folder with the following
content :
cordova.define('cordova/plugin_list', function(require, exports, module) {
module.exports = []
});
3. Run it.
4. Does device ready fire?

This doesn't really cause much of a problem since you don't need the bridge
if your only using the browser implementation but it will if people are
waiting for device ready to fire before using our APIs (recommend).