cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CLI's master2
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 20:49:25 GMT
I'm not 100% sure what you guys mean by "post-merge pre-3.0"

But in general tagging is very useful to mark a hash, and to go back and
find it with a useful name.

Since you merged master2 into master, all history lives in master now.

if you want to create a branch in the future you can always create a branch
using the tag, so master2 branch can always be re-created if deleted.

So you can tag master2 at the hash point 11dd24e
| | * 11dd24e (origin/master2) removed ripple documentation for now.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s34/sh/f75ae07c-24df-44a0-bb1e-71b6ebebc14f/2699c036c09176f33b0229ecc7e52e19

--Carlos

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Yep, great idea (tagging vs branch)
>
> I think post-merge pre-3.0 history will exist only on master branch
> regardless of tag vs branch. confirm?
>
> I've removed bb10RemovePrompt, future, future-bb10.
>

> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Benn Mapes <benn.mapes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I like Carlos' idea of tagging master2 and deleting it.
> >
> > This cleans up the branches so no-one will mistakenly commit to it, but
> > also preserves the history and we can add a message to the tag explaining
> > what it was used for and why it was deleted.
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Agree with Andrew, rename the branch to pre-3.0-history

> > "pre-3.0-history"

> csantana23@gmail.com

> and

> > it