cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: CDVLogger went away in master
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:06:49 GMT
Hmm.  Thats interested.

On the one hand, I'de say we could just break those rare plugins into
pieces, core.console-common, core.console, core.console-ios.  Such that
each depend on common, but console installs without ios by default.

On the other hand, I do think its interesting to support disabling a plugin
for a given platform, in case it is buggy/unneeded/whatever.  Feature for
the future.

-Michal

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> Out of core.
>
> On a related note - Console for iOS brings up an interesting use-case. iOS
> now has a working Console for 6+, so it's reasonable for people to want a
> console only for other platforms.
>
> cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.core.console --skip-platform=ios
>
> Feature for the future?
>

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So what's the decision here? Out of core right? (Since it hasn't been put
> > back in, for iOS) So I can remove CDVLogger from config.xml in the
> > template...
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM, David Pfahler <david@excellenteasy.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > I'd remove it from the core but have the resulting plugin installed by
> > > default. This way you have best of both worlds, the pragmatist's
> default
> > > and the purist's minimalism.
> > > —
> > > Sent from mobile