cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <>
Subject Re: CDVLogger went away in master
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:44:35 GMT
To answer the question of why we may want to leave it out:

- If you are using remote debugging on ios6+ you don't need it
- Our log wrapper has been repeatedly less functional than the system
implementation (though we do fix these issues as they are found)

But that does not mean I am arguing against leaving it in by default.
 Idealist me says 3.0.0 should move everything that can be a plugin out to
a plugin.  Pragmatist me says this is pretty safe/useful in core.  +0 vote
here either way.

Perhaps we could have a set of "default" plugins that are installed, but
can be un-installed?  This would give us best of both worlds.