cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CDVLogger went away in master
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 18:44:53 GMT
Ok - right now for CDVLogger in iOS (I assume its true for the other
platforms, haven't tested it), the default is not to clobber the console
object if it exists, which enables you to see the log in the Safari Remote
Web Inspector for example. However, the default currently does not make the
console log show in the Xcode console.

The default setting is this:

logger-startup.js:
    logger.useConsole(true);

I think it should be for a default:

logger-startup.js:
    logger.useConsole(false);

By setting it to false as a default, you can now both see the console log
in the Safari Remote Web Inspector and the Xcode console.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fixed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4157
>

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ah - logger-startup.js has:
>>
>> var logger = require("cordova/plugin/logger");
>>
>> (undefined)
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure what's going on - but if I create a new ios project with
>>> cordova-ios/master (I just updated the js in the repo) and install
>>> cordova-plugin-console using plugman, deviceready does not fire now.

iOS 6 on device,

to the

only because it
default by CLI?