cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject ios-sim (and ios-deploy)
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:24:41 GMT
This is all moot when new Xcode bits are required when iOS 7 comes out. I
would post a Apple login protected link but their dev site is still down.

Projecting my intent on ios-sim and ios-deploy use in Cordova iOS. I've
filed some issues:

Right now we are requiring ios-sim to do cordova emulate, by telling users
to install using homebrew.

I've added both tools to npm:
http://npmjs.org/ios-sim
http://npmjs.org/ios-deploy

So, instead of the homebrew install requirement it will just be nodejs -
which we are already requiring for the CLI tool. I would use ios-deploy in
the same vein for deploying to the device, which the iOS platform is
lacking in currently.

Also, when the new bits are released I would detect the new bits, and use
them first if not fall back to the ios-sim/ios-deploy bits.