cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting up Cordova Dev environment
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 19:15:06 GMT
So, I've been away from Cordova development for several months.  I thought
I might look into fixing a few iOS bugs.

   - I updated my cordova-ios repo and used the create script to create a
   new test project as this seemed to be still available.  I know cli is
   available but I didn't see options for working from the repos (like the
   --shared option in the cordova-ios script lets me do).
   -   I ran the project in the simulator and saw the familiar  logo and
   device is ready. Yeah!
   - Now I want to run mobile-spec to make sure everything works before I
   start changing code.  I plopped the mobile-spec files into my www
   directory.  The app builds but certainly doesn't run the tests properly.
   - So, I figure that I need to build cordova.js.   And I suddenly realize
   the world is completely different!

There are all these new repos - cordova-plugin-*.  I'm wondering if there
is an easy way to create all of these repos and keep them all updated?
 Does anyone have any scripts to share?   If I am going to be a good
Cordova developer I assume I should have a repo for each of the "native"
plugins and build and run them if I make any Cordova infrastructure
changes.  Is there any documentation for the best way to do this?   I got a
little overwhelmed at having to create and pull 19 new cordova-plugin-*
repos?   I guess that is what I get for not keeping up with the mailing
list!

I did search the wiki for any clues but didn't see any magic to help me
manage all of the new repos - any quick advice to share or docs or
particular email exchanges that would help me get back up to speed?

thanks,
-becky