cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: One cordova.js to rule them all...
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 22:30:22 GMT
Hey John, that is indeed the plan! First step was 'plugin breakout
release' aka PBR which we have mostly now achieved. The cordova.js
file is still generated for each platform but the surface for
differences is now isolated to individual plugin repos rather than in
the ball of mud that we sling into each platform build.

So, I think this should be an early priority in the 3.x series once
the dust from 3.0 settles and any bugs shake out.

(But thats just me. We need to figure out that consensus as a group.)

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Wargo, John <john.wargo@sap.com> wrote:
> I heard a while back that there was an initiative around having a single cordova.js file
(instead of the platform-specific versions we have today). Understanding that splitting the
APIs out into separate plugins was the first step for this, is this something that will be
happening soon? I thought perhaps it would be a 3.0 thing, but I imagine everyone's been so
busy with the plugins.