cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: List of 'issues' I have seen with latest version
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:56:50 GMT
Hey Tyler, thanks for capturing this. And yup filing relevant issues
very welcome! I have some responses below inline:

> You would need to create a new project to get the updated template files, correct?

This is correct. I believe we have a backlog item for implementing an
`upgrade` command.

> - When initially doing a 'cordova create' and the first 'cordova platform add', it downloads
the latest template files, but does not display any progress information. If on a slow connection,
it can look like it has hung, and the user might cancel the operation, leaving the system
in a broken state.

Yes, this is a docs issue too. If you run the command with the -d flag
you'll see detailed output.

> - When doing a platform add iOS, we end up with two 'www' folders. One at the root of
the project, and one within the platform/ios folder. In step 3 of the upgrading iOS page here
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.0.0/guide_platforms_ios_upgrading.md.html#Upgrading%20iOS
it says to copy the contents of the www folder to the www folder at the root. But the Xcode
project still refers to the www folder within the iOS folder, not the one at the project root.

This is deliberate. We copy the root www into the platform folder. Our
goal in 4.0 is to make ./platforms just build artifacts.

> - Adding plugins: I know we only have to do do the plugin add once per project, but I
think is tedious.

Plugin discovery didn't land in time for 3.0 but its there now. You
can just run `cordova plugin add geolocation` to get plugins from our
plugin repo that is based on npm. Documentation for this is
forthcoming too.