cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Google Team's Task Backlog: Android
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 19:51:04 GMT
Cool, all of those seem not too bad, but let's discuss a bit first:

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Sharif Ahmed <sharifducse@gmail.com>wrote:

> Andrew -
> The following peeked my interest:
> - Move JSONUtils out of core (to minimize API surface) (was added by
> our intern a while ago)
> - Move FileHelpers out of core (Most functionality now lives in
> CordovaResourceApi)
> - Move ExifHelpers out of core and into Camera (used only by Camera)

These three are just a matter of deleting the files from cordova-android,
and adding them into the plugins that use them. Joe - is this what you
thought we should apply the deprecation policy to? I'd like to just delete
them since these aren't documented in our plugin guide at all, but it
wouldn't hurt to just add @Deprecated to them for a while as well. If we do
add @Deprecated, we should still put copies of them in the relevant plugins
so that our plugins aren't using deprecated classes.

FileHelpers is used by multiple plugins, so it should be copy & pasted into
each plugin that uses it (but delete the unused methods in each). Before
this can be done, we'll need to put each plugin in its own package, or else
the files will conflict. This has already been discussed, but I don't think
there's been an issue created for it yet.

> - Extract Database plugin out of core (and into... cordova-labs?
> cordova-android?)

For sure we should rip this out. But to where I'm not sure. Anyone have
opinions? Maybe put the plugin right in cordova-android?

>  - Change CordovaWebview constructors to accept a CordovaInterface
> instead of a Context (get the Context from the getActivity() of
> CordovaInterface)

This should be a harmless / easy change unless I'm missing something.