cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: tag 3.0.0rc1 on Monday the 15th
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:07:12 GMT
Our intern Jeffrey is actively working on adding a command to coho to be
able to create release bugs (based off of cordova-labs). If he gets done,
by Monday, then it'll be a cinch to create the issues.

We could maybe start by discussing what we want to do with the plugin repos
for the release.

Should they all have release branches?
Should they be versioned the same? e.g. 3.0.x, or should they start out at
1.0.x?
Are we including a .zip of all of them in our apache distribution .zip?

Here's a stab at it from me:

- Always include all core plugins in the apache release .zip
- If a plugin has not changed since the previous release, then just put in
the previous release of the .zip.
   - E.g. for 3.1.0, if plugin-console has no changes, then just package
version 3.0.0 of the plugin in the release
- Create release branches for the plugin repos only if there has been a
commit since the previous release
   - If there were no commits, then there cannot be any regressions, so no
need for a release branch.
- I think they should be versioned the same to help us figure out when the
last change was.
   - This could mean that if plugin-console goes three months without a
change, it will go from 3.0.0 straight to 3.3.0