cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Plugin versioning
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:13:01 GMT
semver says that you bump major when there's a non-backwards-compatible
change. Adding the onload= attribute *is* a backwards-compatible change
unless I'm mistaken.

I like the suggestion of CDV version in <engine>, and sdk/os in <platform>.
The JS version is the same as the platform version (at least for releases).

Does anyone know if npm automatically finds packages that match your stated
engine?
e.g.
 - plugin-camera-1.0.0 minimum target of 3.0.0, maximum target of 3.0.0
 - plugin-camera-2.0.0 minimum target of 3.1.0, no maximum target

I have 3.0.0 for my project and do a plugman install plugin-camera. Will
npm figure out that I want version 1.0.0?