cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Google Team's Task Backlog: Android
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:48:57 GMT
We've done some planning around what we'd like to get done over the next
quarter, and so I thought I'd share.

This isn't to say that we'll be going and doing these things without
further discussion or proper JIRA issues. It also doesn't mean we will be
solely focused on this list, nor that we'll actually end up completing
everything on the list. Just that we *currently* think that these things
should get done.

cordova-android:

- Change plugins to have distinct package names

- Look at using requestAnimationFrame to throttle exec bridge (advice from
a PGD talk)

- Move JSONUtils out of core (to minimize API surface) (was added by our
intern a while ago)

- Move FileHelpers out of core (Most functionality now lives in
CordovaResourceApi)

- Move ExifHelpers out of core and into Camera (used only by Camera)

- Extract Database plugin out of core (and into... cordova-labs?
cordova-android?)

- Change CordovaWebview constructors to accept a CordovaInterface instead
of a Context (get the Context from the getActivity() of CordovaInterface)

- Make private (or package-private) any api that is likely unused by third
party plugins

- (CB-3900) Have PluginResult that gets populated lazily - at the time of
being sent over the bridge.

- Use source instead of .jar

    - Easier to debug, faster "project create", consistent with how plugins
work

- Extract splashscreen logic out of core