cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Getting Organized for 3.0
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:34:09 GMT
We really need to have a plan for this release, so here goes:

1. How to tag plugins:
- Voting via tagging won't work here since each plugin has multiple
platforms.
- Let's create a sub-task for each plugin, and have each platform add a
comment to the sub-task when they have "signed off" on it. Once all
platforms have been tested / signed-off, then it can be tagged.

2. With this many repos, it's not easy getting them all back to the correct
state / tag that they are supposed to be in for a release. For this reason,
I think the .zip to apache servers *should* contain a snapshot of all
platforms & plugins. This way it's easy to get a "3.0" snapshot for the
forever future.

3. Tagging / voting on platform repos. isn't that meaningful until plugins
are all tested. Let's hold off tagging platform repos until all plugins
repos are signed off.

If anyone feels strongly that we should go about this another way, please
be responsive since we need to get the release train rolling. JIRA
release-bug creating was added to coho last week, so I may close the bug
Fil just created and use the script to create one with all plugins added to
it.