cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Google Team's Task Backlog: Plugman & CLI
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:48:51 GMT
We've done some planning around what we'd like to get done over the next
quarter, and so I thought I'd share.

This isn't to say that we'll be going and doing these things without
further discussion or proper JIRA issues. It also doesn't mean we will be
solely focused on this list, nor that we'll actually end up completing
everything on the list. Just that we *currently* think that these things
should get done.

 cordova-cli:

- "plugin rm --force" To remove a plugin that is depended on

   - Motive here is to be able to remove & re-add plugins in mobile-spec

- "project upgrade" To execute platform update scripts

   - E.g. to move from 3.0 -> 3.1, Grab the new CLI and run "cordova
platform upgrade android"

- Set platform & plugin sources & versions in config.xml, added by cordova
tool upon add

   - E.g. like: npm install --save

   - E.g. Support the setup of having plugins/ and platforms/ in your
.gitignore

- Purge lib/ from git history so the repo clones faster

- Make CLI fast (fix shelljs.exec problem)

- Have platforms specifying what default plugins they come with (e.g.
Android's App plugin)

- Make --verbose on by default

- Move config.xml to be a sibling of www/ (but still support having one in
www/ for backwards compat)

- Separate npm modules into "cordova" and "cordova-cli" (a la grunt)

cordova-plugman:

- Support some assets x-platform (e.g. icon, splashscreen)

- Change existing <merges> to do a shallow merge (aka, it's a collection of
clobbers)

- Add a version of <merges> that targets a module instead of a symbol

- Add support for specifying iOS Localizable.strings files

- Support for <engine> tag to specify which version of a plugin is
compatible with your version of cordova-core