cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Android - Removing the .api namespace
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2013 19:50:50 GMT
Want to bring this up again.

There was a bit of discussion on the bug:

I've already gone ahead with creating backward-compatiblity classes in the
.api namespace, but I think it would be better to just delete them.

Main points in favour:
1. For 3.0, people will need to do some work to their plugins anyways (add
plugin.xml + refactor their JS into modules comes to mind)
2. The change to plugins is trivial. Just replace all occurrences of
"import org.apache.cordova.api" with "import org.apache.cordova".