cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Google Team's Task Backlog: JS & Plugins
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:48:59 GMT
We've done some planning around what we'd like to get done over the next
quarter, and so I thought I'd share.

This isn't to say that we'll be going and doing these things without
further discussion or proper JIRA issues. It also doesn't mean we will be
solely focused on this list, nor that we'll actually end up completing
everything on the list. Just that we *currently* think that these things
should get done.

cordova-js:
- remove: plugininit.js, symbols.js, modulemapper.loadAllModules()
- Delete non-CLI platforms on master (they will live on in the 2.9.x branch)
- Add a helper that plugins can use to resolve relative URLs before passing
them over the bridge
- Look at minimally supporting iframes
     (e.g. currently android's bridge fires online/offline events on iframe
windows).
     Why? Chrome Apps use one for their background page.
     Why? GWT-based apps tend to run in iframes.

cordova-plugin-file:
- Make "file instanceof Blob" be true.
- Support for URL.createBlobURL(cdvFile)
- Expose PERSISTENT / TEMPORARY constants on window (to match spec)
- Fix Entry.path to match spec (return root-relative paths, not abs paths).
This is a breaking change.
   - This spec-deviation actually does break some existing Chrome apps when
run on Cordova
- Change PERSISTANT fs to default to internal storage on Android. This will
be a breaking change.
   - The current default is the *root* of the SD card. *Not* what the spec
had intended.
- Add
https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/chrome-cordova/blob/master/plugins/directoryFinder/directoryFinder.js
   - This API is essential for any app that is using the File API beyond
the sandboxed TEMPORARY / PERSISTENT storage areas.

API Audit:
- All APIs that refer to resources should use URLs instead of file paths
(FileTransfer, Media, etc)
- Relative paths should always be treated as relative URLs (be relative to
your current page)