cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <>
Subject Re: Errors following "WorkingWithThree" wiki
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 01:49:17 GMT
Yes! Most of us here have hit that exact problem, but I guess it hadn't
made it to the ML yet.

It's because Android's version script reports the version by parsing it out
of the comment in the cordova.js file.

This is completely wrong, since it's not even reporting the version of the
Android repo, but rather the version of the cordova-js version.

You can work around it by editing the comment in the .js file, or just
having the version script echo a newer version.

How I think we should fix this problem is by:
1. Have the version script hardcode the version within it (or just convert
it to a VERSION file)
2. Have the create script generate the version script by reading the
VERSION file. If it says "dev", then use git describe to generate the
3. Address CB-3216 so that the version script will be replaced with new
versions on upgrades.