cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Google Team's Task Backlog: Releases, Docs & Tests
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:48:28 GMT
We've done some planning around what we'd like to get done over the next
quarter, and so I thought I'd share.

This isn't to say that we'll be going and doing these things without
further discussion or proper JIRA issues. It also doesn't mean we will be
solely focused on this list, nor that we'll actually end up completing
everything on the list. Just that we *currently* think that these things
should get done.

Release Process Backlog (CuttingReleases wiki + coho + JIRA template):

- Update wiki to include an "Assign Release Master" step & responsibilities
(main role is communication & delegation)

- Add JIRA search links to release bug template for finding all unresolved
$VERSION issues

- Settle on a VERSION'ing strategy for all repos (plugins, platforms, CLI)

- coho: Add creating a blog post to release bug template

- coho: Add "npm install" to coho update (for the CLI and plugman repos)

- coho: Add a "foreach" command (e.g. coho foreach -r plugins "git checkout
master")

- coho: Default -r flag to auto

- coho: Add references to release bugs in commit messages made by coho

- coho: Add a command for creating a custom JIRA bug with platform sub-tasks

cordova-docs:

- Specify which directories within platforms/ get blown away vs. are safe
to edit.

- Document CordovaResourceApi in Android's Plugin Guide.

- Document that FileTransfer accepts URIs and not just file paths (and
check that this is true on non iOS & Android platforms)

cordova-mobile-spec:

- Delete individual autotest .html files in favour of a single .html file
that uses query parameters

- Fix tests that fail in the emulators so that they fail more quickly

- Shorten default timeout, and use Jasmine's default timeout instead of
using Tests.TEST_TIMEOUT everywhere

- Investigate using BuildBot to do the coordination part of medit

- Make medit work with 3.0