cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Darryl Pogue <dar...@dpogue.ca>
Subject Re: handling resources in default cli-generated app
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 05:51:49 GMT
On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> How should we proceed? Close as Not A Problem? On the one hand this is a
> userspace problem, on the other we're doing not doing a good job of
> encouraging sound engineering.
>
> What about having the default app have the right types of merges/
> overrides?
>
> Thoughts?

I had raised a point about this back when there was some discussion about
icons
being specified in config.xml[1].

Apparently discussion moved to the mailing list, but I don't think there
were
any conclusions.

The issue really isn't that this project includes all these splash-screens
and
icons, but rather that they're in the www folder and end up getting copied
into
each platform's assets.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-2606?focusedCommentId=13593067&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13593067