cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: thoughts on 4.0 cadence
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 02:52:19 GMT
On Jul 17, 2013, at 12:33 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> Wherein we treat 3.10 and 3.11 as actual hardening not 'one more
> thing' hardening. This pushes our release to the fall which is
> typically better for conference season. Essentially the same as we
> have it today excepting that we acknowledge the summer releases as bug
> fixing only. Thoughts?

Additionally, what would you think about treating the *.1 releases (i.e., 3.1, 4.1) as actual
hardening also? Or alternatively make the *.0 releases have a duration of 2 months (1 for
feature add, 1 for hardening)?

For example, the CLI in 3.0, for all its coolness, feels like it needs a bit more time to
shake out bugs / settle. Doing significant feature add and shakeout in 1 month feels a bit
rushed.