cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML schema for plugin.xml and config.xml?
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:15:41 GMT
On Jul 9, 2013, at 9:38 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> Seriously though, if the schema is changing isn't that all the more reason
> to support validation so devs can get early confirmation?

That is exactly my thought. Updating the xsd is relatively easy, and it's just one file per
schema. Handling a new attribute or element is just a few lines of work.

On Jul 9, 2013, at 5:56 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> …there is pretty strong argument brewing to move to JSON.

If that is going to happen, it would be post 3.0, because only 9 days are remaining, right?

I can see why JSON would be attractive, but that would also be forcing plugin authors to re-do
their config file that they recently created for 3.0. Potentially we could use XSL to transform
config.xml to config.json automatically for a bridge period.

I'll start playing with an XSD and put it out for review.