cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy-Carlos Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: Android - Removing the .api namespace
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:12:39 GMT
I don't wanna sound like I am being a pain, but really… the whole deprecation policy thing
is a bit pointless if it's not followed, and not noisy.

Most people who use plugins, use other people's plugins, they don't build them themselves.

The use of plugins so far in the life of Cordova has been one of massive pain when in fact
it should have been one of Cordova's shining lights.

As one of the people that *does* face developer/end user wrath when this stuff gets broken
every few months, it would be really nice if the Cordova devs doing the breaking could also
be those to help the fixing.

Blog posts. We need more. I can try to help on this and it's right up my alley, but I am also
in the middle of trying to ship an app, so time is tight.

I'll try to write a post on taking a 2.x plugin (say an example from phonegap/phonegap-plugins)
and turning it into a working 3.x plugin when I get back to Australia. However, if a week
has gone by and I haven't been able to, can anyone put their hand up to do it in my stead?
Realistically it needs to cover Android and iOS at a minimum (the plugin ecosystem for the
other platforms is much smaller).

Any takers?

- tommy