cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Wargo, John" <john.wa...@sap.com>
Subject RE: Wondering what folks think about the default project
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 19:53:46 GMT
I agree, I'd prefer a clean template to use for new projects.  Give people who want a example
app another mechanism.

All of us stripping out all of the HelloWorld code for every new project is an unnecessary
use of time.

John M. Wargo
SAP | Charlotte, NC | USA
Office: +1 704.321.0265 | Mobile: +1 704.249.7476
Email: john.wargo@sap.com
Twitter: @johnwargo

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Camden [mailto:raycamde@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:29 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Wondering what folks think about the default project

I can add this as a Jira item if it makes sense, but, what do folks think
about the following:

I'd like to propose that the 'default' PG app created by the CLI be
changed. Right now it is cool. Looks neat. But is completely unnecessary
after you've after learned how to use PG. It's a great example for folks
learning PG, but for those of us who know and just want to get started
quickly, it actually takes me more time to *remove* the HTML, CSS, and JS
used in the default then it does to create a new project. Not to be over
dramatic, but it really is the worst part of the process for me. Then
again, I tend to make quite a few POCs with the CLI so this issue hits me
more often than normal probably.

I know the CLI is just copying a template (I've blogged on this before),
but shouldn't the default be something better for developers?