cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler Wilson <twil...@pulse-robotics.com>
Subject List of 'issues' I have seen with latest version
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 16:42:12 GMT
Good day,

I am just getting back to updating some projects to the latest Cordova. I have a few item
reports. I can put them in the bug tracker if needed, but wanted to get them all here just
in case.

- I had previously installed cordova 2.9 via npm. It took me a few minutes to find how to
update, which I found here:
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.0.0/guide_cli_index.md.html#The%20Command-line%20Interface

The issue is that the section is labeled "Update the App". This implies that running the npm
update will update the app to the latest version. But I do not think it does. All it does
is update the template files stored in .cordova. You would need to create a new project to
get the updated template files, correct?

- In the iOS platform guide here: http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.0.0/guide_platforms_ios_index.md.html#iOS%20Platform%20Guide
under the "Open a Project in the SDK" section, the code snippet is wrong - it refers to android
instead of ios.

- When initially doing a 'cordova create' and the first 'cordova platform add', it downloads
the latest template files, but does not display any progress information. If on a slow connection,
it can look like it has hung, and the user might cancel the operation, leaving the system
in a broken state.

- When doing a platform add iOS, we end up with two 'www' folders. One at the root of the
project, and one within the platform/ios folder. In step 3 of the upgrading iOS page here
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.0.0/guide_platforms_ios_upgrading.md.html#Upgrading%20iOS
it says to copy the contents of the www folder to the www folder at the root. But the Xcode
project still refers to the www folder within the iOS folder, not the one at the project root.

Note I also did a test adding an android platform target, and there is no obvious www folder
in the platform folder, which is what I would expect. And I ran a test of changing some text
within the root www/index.html, and it does reflect there properly.

- Adding plugins: I know we only have to do do the plugin add once per project, but I think
is tedious. This may be a plugman issue, not a cordova issue. But it seems like instead of
doing: cordova plugin add https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-plugin-console.git
we could do something like 'cordova plugin setroot https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/'
which saves this location somewhere, then we can simply do 'cordova plugin add console', etc.
to add plugins. And this would carry across projects…

That should do it for now. I am still learning the CLI, and I think there are a few things
that need to be done to make it better, but it is looking great. I hope to soon have a shared
www folder with my custom cross-platform Bluetooth LE plugin working  as well as I think it
can.

Thank you,
Tyler