cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Loic Pfister" <loic.pfis...@adnovum.sg>
Subject Re: [Cordova] Cache encryption
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 16:55:47 GMT
Hello,

I was wondering the same thing so I had a look at the cordova code for android & ios.

For Android:
Nothing is done, which means it will be only encrypted if the user decide to encrypt the full
phone using android os encryption mechanism.

For iOS:
Same here nothing is done,
The only difference is that the all hard drive is encrypted by default. And ios decrypt on
the fly the info.

However of your device is running (or if no pass code is set) then the attacker can have full
access.

One thing we could for iOS is to use the data protection api which them rely on the passcode
for encryption and make it much secure (if a passcode is set) however this cannot work with
icloud.

@dev: i can inplement the security based on passcode for ios if useful for someone? Is there
a ticket for this?

Cheers