cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Singh, Ramandeep" <Ramandeep.Si...@barco.com>
Subject RE: Ignoring SSL Errors for InAppBrowser
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 05:29:27 GMT
Hi

Many enterprise apps require functionality to access self-signed URLs so this option is really
missing in the InAppBrowser. In the main PhoneGap web view, one can overwrite a public function
(onReceivedSslError()) to allow self-signed URLs so something similar should be possible in
the InAppBrowser too. You can check the following app which has been made using PhoneGap:

Regards,
Raman

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Soref [mailto:jsoref@blackberry.com]
Sent: 24 July 2013 01:51
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Cc: Singh, Ramandeep
Subject: RE: Ignoring SSL Errors for InAppBrowser

A simple flag is definitely wrong... a static whitelist could be interesting.

Are there real use cases beyond `localhost`?

If someone whitelists any site that isn't on the local device, then when I'm in an Internet
Café, the wrong thing can happen (and in certain cases, the wrong thing probably will happen).

Making it easy for people to write broken applications doesn't seem to be a good "value-add".
Unfortunately, people will do the wrong thing and not care about their customers....

But, this is just my personal opinion....

and may be unlawful.
This message is subject to the following terms and conditions: http://www.barco.com/en/maildisclaimer