cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Sierra <msie...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Aliases for 'core' plugins
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:30:29 GMT
I had the same thought & added it as a wish-list CB-4290.

--Mike S

From: Ray Camden [raycamde@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:23 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Aliases for 'core' plugins

One of the things I discovered while working with a virgin 3.0 project is
that everything that used to be core now needs to be added before you use
it. This is expected of course, but it might come as a surprise to
developers migrating from 2.9 to 3. Now they have to add the camera
plugin, the X plugin, etc, before they can use it.

Would it make sense to simplify this? For example, to add Camera support
to my app I have to do:

phonegap local plugin add
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-plugin-camera.git

There is no way in heck I'm going to remember that url. It would be cool
if I could just do:

phonegap local plugin add camera

or even better:

phonegap local plugin add camera,device,geolocation,dialogs

Crazy? If folks think it makes sense I'll file an ER for it.