cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Sierra <msie...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading Guides
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 20:06:26 GMT
I committed a change to the CLI doc that details plugin add/rm/ls based on this doc. The plugman
interface should be doc'ed separately to avoid confusion. Am editing the plugman doc a bit
& will figure out where to place it, but I'd like to confirm the overall use case.  I
see it as: you want to upgrade to 3.0, which requires you to add plugins for device APIs,
but for whatever reason you aren't running the CLI yet. Are there any more specific scenarios?

As for the Upgrading Guides, any step up to 3.0 we doc should reference the CLI, perhaps with
a separate/additional non-CLI upgrade path that references the plugman doc. I'd use "Upgrading
Windows Phone" as a model.

--Mike S

From: Shazron [shazron@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:59 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrading Guides

For https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4222

I added this note at the bottom of the 2.9.0 -> 3.0.0 Upgrading Guide for
iOS:

NOTE: Starting with Cordova 3.0.0, projects do not come with any plugins,
you will have to install the ones you require for your project using the
`plugman` CLI utility - see the Core Plugin Install Guide.

Note the currently non-existent "Core Plugin Install Guide" which is common
for all platforms. I talked to Steve, this doc should show two methods -
the Cordova CLI way and the plugman way of how to install the core plugins.
Since the Upgrading Guides are for legacy methods, it refers to the plugman
way.

Mike Sierra, not sure if this is a good method or we should cram everything
into the CLI doc.