cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Sierra <msie...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: restructuring guide content in doc
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:03:11 GMT
Yes, I also understand idea (1) to be out of scope, which is whatever content is in "edge,"
 and see (2) as depending on (1).

--Mike S

From: Marcel Kinard [cmarcelk@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 2:51 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: restructuring guide content in doc

I really like Shaz's idea. But a couple questions:

1) Is it out-of-scope of Mike's task?

2) Getting rid of the folders and using the branches would make it difficult to do overhauls
like this since all branches in cordova-docs would need updates. So optimize out the duplication
(one folder, many branches) or optimize for overhauls (one branch, many folders)…? Aligning
the docs to have the same branches as the code makes great sense, but maintaining and overhauling
could be painful unless there was a script to allow editing and building of all the branches
without having to do a bunch of serial "git checkout targetTag" invocations.