cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler Wilson <twil...@pulse-robotics.com>
Subject Success with Cordova CLI and custom plugin
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 17:13:14 GMT
Good day,

Just wanted to publicise that I have had success with the cli, a custom plugin and an iOS
build. I must say once everything is set up it is pretty nice being able to add/remove components
and it appears to handle things just fine. Just a couple notes:

- The default build created has two config.xml files in the project (I am using Xcode) - one
at the root, and one within the www folder. Is this expected?

- I was having issue installing my plugin with plugman. Then I realized that the cordova cli
command handles plugin installs and removal. It is confusing with many references to plugman.
Perhaps there should be a 'modern' Getting Started guide for the CLI version that also installs
a plugin as an example? I have read this one - http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/2.9.0/guide_cli_index.md.html#The%20Cordova%20Command-line%20Interface
- but perhaps another matching one for plugin developers? (And put a NOTE on this page about
the issue with npm 1.3.x versions…)

- I referenced this before, but I think an option to install a plugin via symlinks would make
development a lot easier, since in most cases you will be editing the copy that was created
during the install, not the original. I will do it manually for now of course.

Great job everybody.

Thank you,
Tyler