cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Fowler, Angela" <>
Subject Android Froyo (2.2 - 2.2.3) Deprecation in Cordova v2.9 or v3.0?
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 07:17:29 GMT
Hi devs,

We are looking at moving from Cordova v2.7.0 to v2.9.x and have some
concerns about which Android platforms are still supported. Froyo
accounts for 3% of users on the Google Play Store.

According to the deprecation policy, Froyo should still be in until v3.0

The issue to remove Commons Codec dependency has fix version 3.0

I noticed in v2.9.0 that

-          the create script no longer uses Commons Codec

-          org.apache.cordova.FileUtils and CameraLauncher replace codec
with android.util.Base64

This issue also lists fix version 3.0

Question 1: Should these changes be in version 2.9.x or 3.0.x? Also are
there any other changes you know of that may reduce supported Android
versions in v2.9?

The Android API says android.util.Base64 was added in API level 8 (Froyo

Question 2 : Will Froyo continue to work in v2.9 or not?

I've set the target SDK version to 8 to try this out in an emulator but
would be great to know if someone has checked on a Froyo device.