cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Opinions Needed: Platform specific features and mobilespec tests
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:44:07 GMT
One issue I ran with respects to the mobile spec is some tests are only
applicable to certain device types.  We have a couple options when it
comes to those types of tests:

1. Not include them in the automated tests
2. Include them knowing that they *might* cause failures with certain
device types (see example)
3. Add javascript logic to check for device type before performing the
tests
4. OR we could create platform specific automated tests that should be ran
in addition to the base automated test per device. ex. automatedAndroid,
automatedIOS, etc.

An example is:
camera.cleanup is only supported on iOS.

I added a test case to verify that the function existed.  But it doesn't
actually run camera.cleanup so there are no failure on other platforms. So
really there shouldn't be any harm in keeping the test.

What are everyone's opinions on a good approach to handle this type of
situation?

Lisa Seacat DeLuca