cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Multiple plugins with the same dependencies
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:45:57 GMT
The file collision checking is built in.

A -f / --force flag would need to be implemented to support this case.

There are a set of common file methods handling things like copying stuff
over, deleting files, that kind of stuff [1]. These helper methods all
have built-in checking that the source of a file exists [2], as well as a
target destination does _not_ exist [3]. It is [3] that would have to be
tweaked and hooked into command-line flags to enable this functionality.

Additionally, individual platforms handle particular files differently.
See for example how Android handles <source-file> elements [4], vs. how
iOS handles <source-file> elements [5]. We'd have to make sure that these
platform-specific handlers are also hooked into the command line flag
appropriately.

There is no issue currently filed for this but I can see this being a
useful option. That being said, I am not sure if/when I will be able to
tackle this problem, so pull requests/patches are welcome.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman/blob/master/src/platforms/common.
js
[2]