cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin and CordovaPlugin
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:03:31 GMT
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Lucas Holmquist <lholmqui@redhat.com> wrote:
> This is sort of a tough one i think,  how long has this deprecation notice been in the
code?

Does it matter if the deprecation is in code? Our users don't read
code, which is painfully obvious.  The fact is that this was
deprecated in code for six months, but we didn't announce the change,
and very few people have updated their plugins.

> if we change android to work,  and then remove it again,  will we still have the same
issue with the users.

I hope not, but if we do I don't care at that point.  We gave them
notice.  If they get upset about this change at that point, it's their
own fault.

> i'm just trying to play devil's advocate here. As a user, it would be nice to have this
come back for a release, but as a developer,  i can see the other hand

Fair enough. I'm not known as the champion of the users, actually
quite to the contrary.  I'm the developer that all our Android users
despise because I close bugs that I feel are out of scope, or that we
just can't fix.  Therefore, when I say that we should probably fix
things, it's probably an actual real issue and doesn't come from any
warm fuzzy feeling I have for these people.