cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 2.9.0rc1 this coming monday??
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:06:28 GMT
Follow-up thought: No reason why we can't generate both cordova_plugins.js
and cordova_plugins.json for a while.

Braden

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org>wrote:

> Hm. This will of course require changing the name of the file Plugman
> generates, and it will mean users need to be very careful to be using
> sufficiently new plugman and cordova-js.
>
> In short: only the upgrade path for users bothers me about this; the
> change to use a .js file and <script> tag looks fine. It's hard to make
> Plugman backward compatible, because it's hard to know which version of
> cordova.js it's going to be running against. Any ideas here?
>
> Braden
>

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Ahh shit I think we need to retag the JS
>>
>> The dynamic loading of cordova_plugins.json doesn't work on Windows Phone
>> *, as we discussed in the 2.8.0rc1 tag thread. The workaround that Jesse
>> converged on has been sitting on a branch. You can compare it to apache's
>> master branch at [1]. Essentially it creates a script tag pointing to the
>> cordova_plugins.json file instead of XHR'ing to it. The XHR approach
>> throws an "Access Denied" error on WP*.
>>
>> With this being the last release before 3.0, I think we need to include
>> this bit of functionality.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/purplecabbage/cordova-js/compare/PL
>>
>> On 6/18/13 7:30 AM, "Shazron" <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm still testing https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3530 that I
>> >wanted to get into rc1, but I don't want to rush it, I'll get to all the
>> >rc1 tasks for iOS this afternoon. OS X has barely had changes so I can
>> get
>> >that done.

>> clearly

CB-3797,

wrote:

> [...]
I'd

that will
object.

for 2.9)

I can take care of

<fil@adobe.com>

Anyone still
in for 2.9?

<shazron@gmail.com

to tackle:
>> PR
and maybe fix)

Lorin Beer <

needs to be resolved? I am
look at. Anything else you want

AM, Shazron

was more velocity in the iOS / OS
me being away at WWDC this
>> week,
am but a feather. Will try to get

9:27 AM, Lorin Beer

early

at 4:06 PM, Jesse

2013 at 4:03 PM, Filip Maj

3:56 PM, "Joe Bowser" <bowserj@gmail.com>

this is pretty soon, but how does a 2.9.0rc1 on
is supposed to be a hardening release
shouldn't start with the RCs.